English Balbharati 4th Std English Lesson It’s Only a Matter of Practice explanation in Hindi with question and answer | English Medium | Maharashtra Board.
4th Std English Lesson It’s Only a Matter of Practice explanation in Hindi.
- archers – someone who shoots arrows from a bow.
- feats – achievements that require a lot of skill, strength, etc.
- precisely: exactly.
- gourds: containers made from dried large fruit with a hard skin.
- uttered: said.
- speechless: unable to speak.
1. Answer the following questions :
(a) Who was Chen Yaozi ?
Answer – Chen Yaozi was an archer who lived in China. He would perform wonderful feats of archery
(b) What did he like?
Answer – Chen Yaozi liked to show off his skill to the admiring crowd that gathered around him.
(c) What did the old man say?
Answer – One day when Chen Yaozi was practicing in front of many admirers, the old man said ‘’ It’s just a matter of practice’’.
(d) What could the old man do? Describe it in one sentence.
Answer – The old man could pour oil into the gourds from a height through a hole in the coin.
(e) What did Chen Yaozi tell the old man at the end?
Answer – Chen Yaozi told the old man that he was happy to learn an important lesson from him that day. He said that he would not be boastful.
2. Use the following in your own sentences :
- show off * annoyed * doubt (something or someone)
- If you allow * not a trace * boasted.
- showoff = Anita was trying to show off her new dress.
- annoyed = Reema was annoyed because her brother tore her book.
- doubt = I doubt if my mother will allow me to go to the party.
- If you allow me = If you allow me, I will show you some magic.
- boasted = Sam boasted that he would win the competition but he lost it.
- not a trace = Not a trace of water could be seen in the pond.