English Balbharati Standard 7th, English poem Past, Present, Future explanation with Question And Answers simple and easy way, 7th Std English Past, Present, Future.
7th Std | English | Past, Present, Future Explanation
Tell me, tell me, smiling child,
What the past is like to thee?
‘An Autumn evening soft and mild
With a wind that sighs mournfully.’
Tell me, what is the present hour?
‘A green and flowery spray
Where a young bird sits gathering its power
To mount and fly away.’
And what is the future, happy one?
‘A sea beneath a cloudless sun;
A mighty, glorious, dazzling sea
Stretching into infinity.’
– Emily Bronte
7th Std | English | Past, Present, Future Question And Answers
Q. A Link the items in the three columns properly
|The past||A sea beneath a cloudless sea||A pleasant time that has ended.|
|The present hour||A soft and mild autumn evening||An exciting, thrilling time that has no end.|
|The future||A green and flowery spray Where a young bird sits.||A time full of life, in which you gather strength.|
1. The past
A soft and mild autumn evening – A pleasant time which has ended.
2. The present hour – A green and flowery spray Where a young bird sits – A time full of life, in which you gather strength.
3. The future – A sea beneath a cloudless sea – An exciting, thrilling time that has no end.
B. Find the meaning of the following words.
- thee -you
- mournfully – sadly
- spray – a stem or small branch of a tree or plant
- mighty – very powerful
C. Write the adjectives that are used to describe the following.
1)evening – soft and mild
2) spray – flowery
3) sea – mighty, glorious, dazzling
D. Write one line about each of the following with the help of the poem.
- wind in the autumn evening – The wind in the autumn evening sighs mournfully.
- young bird on the spray – The young bird on the spray sits there gathering all its strength to fly away.
- the sea – The mighty, glorious, dazzling sea stretches beyond infinity beneath the cloudless sun.