Have you ever ate Bajriche Vade? Bajriche Vade is very crispy, fluffy and tasty with chicken or any other spicy gravy. The main ingredients are Bajra, Rice flour, urad dal, etc.
We eat chicken with chapati, phulka or bhakri.
Bajra is good for health. Bajra is rich in magnesium, which helps keep the heart-healthy. It has lots of potassium, which dilates blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily. This helps reduce overall blood pressure. Bajra also has fiber that helps reduce LDL, or bad, cholesterol and losing weight, Bajra is a power-packed grain and can also be called a superfood.
Here is How to Make Bajriche Vade.
- Bajri flour – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Gram flour -1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds – 1tsp
- Fenugreek /Methi seeds – 1tsp
- Carom seed – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – -1 tsp
- Asafetida – 1 tsp
- Cooking Oil
How to Make Bajriche Vade.
- Wash urad dal and soak it in water for 2 hours.
- Drain out excess of water and finely grind soaked urad dal in a mixer to make a smooth paste.
- Grind fenugreek or methi seeds and coriander seeds and to make fine powder.
- Take Bajra flour in a big bowl and add rice flour, gram flour, turmeric powder, methi and coriander seeds powder.
- Add asafetida, salt, cumin powder, carom seeds. Mix the ingredients.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of hot oil.
- Then add urad dal paste and to make dough. You can add some water to the role of a ball.
- Keep it for 20 mins.
- Make small size balls from the dough.
- Apply some oil on your palms. Then flatten each ball by pressing it on a wet cloth. Pat or toll-like puri.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai or frying pan for frying.
- Deep fry vadas until they get a golden color on both the side.
- Serve hot with chicken or any other spicy curry.