Bharaleli bhendi recipe is Maharashtrian little bit spicy recipe. Bharaleli bhendi means bharaleli =stuffed, bhendi=lady finger. Let’s make Bharaleli Bhendi.
- Bhendi -250 grams
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1 pinch
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Garlic – 3-4 pieces
- Peanut – ½ cup
- Grated Coconut -1/2 cup
- Garam Masala – 1teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as required
Stuffing for bharaleli bhendi
- On a low flame, roast the peanuts till they are light golden then add coconut, garlic and mix well.
- Turn off the gas.
- In a grinder jar, add the roasted peanuts, coconut, and garlic. Don’t add water.
- Grind the mixture into a coarse powder. Do not grind into a fine powder.
- Take a big bowl ground mixture, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt & add lime juice.
- Mix the stuffing mixture very well.
- Now stuff this mixture in each bhendi very well.
How to make Bharaleli Bhendi
- Rinse bhendi in running water for a couple of times.
- Then dry them with a clean cloth and keep aside.
- • Just give a slit and divide the bhendi into 2 parts.
- Fill the stuffing in each bhendi and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add stuffed bhendi and mix well.
- Cover and cook for just about 5 -6 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid mix well.
- Cook bhendi uncovered on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- When bhendi is almost cooked, add the leftover masala in it and mix well.
- Fry for another 5 minutes. Turn off the gas and add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Bharali bhendi is ready.
- Serve bharaleli bhendi with chapatti or fulka and Dal – Rice or varan-bhat.