To make Mixed Dal Dhokla’s main ingredient is All Dal like Chana Dal, Masoor Dal, Urad Dal, Moong Dal, and Toor Dal. Here is a Simple & Easy way to make Mixed Dal Dhokla.
Chana Dal – Cooked (boiled) dal contains 9% protein, 70% water, 20% carbohydrates (includes 8% fiber), and 1% fat.
Masoor Dal is a high amount of protein, essential amino acids, potassium, iron, fiber, and vitamin B1. It also helps to lower cholesterol and control sugar levels.
Black gram or Urad Dal holds a high protein value than most of the legumes. It is also an excellent source of dietary fiber, isoflavones, vitamin B complex, iron, copper, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, phosphorus which offers a myriad of healing health benefits.
Moong Dal is a nutrient-rich food. Moong includes minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron, and copper. In addition to this, they also contain folate, fiber, fiber, and vitamin B6, apart from loads of high-quality protein.
Arhar Dal or Toor Dal is a high amount of iron, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin B, and potassium.
- Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
- Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Toor Dal – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Salt – Add to taste
- Lemon juice – 2 spoon
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sugar -1 teaspoon
- refined oil -1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
- asafetida -1 teaspoon
- water – 2 cup
- coconut powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – chopped ½ cup
- Ginger – Garlic- Green chili paste – ½ cup
How to make Mix Dal Dhokla
- Wash Chana Dal, Masoor, Urad Dal, Moong Dal, Toor dal and Soak in 2-3 cup water for 2 hours
- Drain the water with the help of a strainer basket.
- In a grinder jar, add soaked Chana Dal, Masoor, Urad Dal, Moong Dal, Toor dal, ginger-garlic –green chili paste, cumin seeds in it.
- Add water as required to grind the batter smoothly.
- Don’t add too much water while grinding, as it would make it difficult to grind the smooth batter.
- Grind it till to make a very smooth batter.
- Take a big bowl add mixture and asafoetida, sugar mix very well.
- Mix well all these ingredients.
- To make a thick mixture, there should not be any solid particles in the mix.
- Then add turmeric powder to it and mix well
- In the meantime, pour 2 glasses of water in a utensil you will use to make Mixed Dal Dhokla and place it on the gas to heat.
- Also keep a stand in the utensil on which you can keep a plate filled with batter.
- Grease the utensil with oil.
- Put lemon juice, salt, in the Mix Dal dhokla batter.
- Now put baking soda in it and stir the mixture with a spoon.
- As soon as air bubbles appear in the mixture pour it on the plate.
- And keep the plate on the stand.
- The water in the utensil has heated and you can steam coming out from it.
- Cover the utensil.
- And cook Mixed Dal Dhokla for almost 10 minutes on a high flame.
- To check Mixed Dal Dhokla is cooked or not – Check with a knife after 15 minutes by inserting it inside the dhokla. The mixture should not stick to the knife.
- If the knife comes out clean, turn off the gas.
- Allow the dish to cool and then cut into pieces.
Apply Tadka :
- Heat up oil in a small size kadhai.
- When the oil is hot add mustard seed.
- Then add sugar and salt and water.
- Turn off the gas once the water comes to boil.
- Cool Completely.
- Pour this Tadka over the Dhoklas with a spoon.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves or grated coconut.
- Serve hot and fresh Mix Dal Dhokla with coconut chutney.