Nutritious Green Moong Uttapam is a very Delicious and Healthy recipe. It is a simple recipe made from a batter of sprouted whole green moong and onions and tomatoes. Sprouted whole moong contain potassium and magnesium are the two key nutrients that help to maintain blood pressure and normal heart rate. Here is an easy way to make nutritious green moong uttapam recipe by step by step
- Whole Green Moong – 1 cup
- Chopped Tomato – ½ cup
- Chopped Onion – ½ cup
- Green chili – 2-3
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Lemon – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves– ½ cup
- Amchur Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric – ½ tbsp.
- Cumin seed – ½ tbsp.
- Asafoetida – ½ tbsp.
How to make Nutritious Green Moong Uttapam Recipe step by step
- Soak whole green moong overnight.
- The next day morning wash the moong again and drain the water.
- Then hang the soaked moong in a moist cloth for 08-10 hours or till you see the sprouts coming out of the muslin cloth.
- Next day morning drain and add green chilies, garlic coriander leaves, cumin seed and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add little water and prepare a batter.
- The consistency of a batter should be like dosa.
- Do not add more water.
- Add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, amchur powder, turmeric & Asafoetida and stir it.
- Heat a nonstick Tava or griddle on medium-low flame and apply oil on the surface.
- When the Tawa is medium hot, reduce flame to low and pour a ladle full batter and spread it into a circle.
- Keep a lid on it and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Drizzle some oil around the edges of the uttapam.
- Remove lid and flip it and cook from another side.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.