Khandesh is the northwestern part of Maharashtra and it’s famous for spicy and tasty food. ‘Vangyache Bharit’ or Baigan ka Bharta is a famous recipe of Khandesh. It is a very delicious and spicy dish made with brinjal or eggplant. You can serve this with Bhakri, Roti,fulka or Rice. Khandesh style Baigan ka Bharta is nothing but Vangyache Bharit is made using onion, green chilies and it tastes so delicious. I hope you like it very much. It is traditionally served with Bajri or Ragi or Jowar Bhakri. The combo is called Bharit Bhakri in Marathi language and it’s a part of the primary diet in several urban and rural parts of Maharashtra. Let’s learn how to make Baingan ka Bharta or Vangyache Bharit Recipe in Khandesh style step by step.
Ingredients of Vangyache Bharit Recipe or Baingan Ka Bharta
- Brinjal – 1 Big size
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green Chili -3 -4
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
- Hing / asafetida – 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 3tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Spring Onion – 2 tsp.
- Khandeshi Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tsp
How to Make Vangyache Bharit or Baingan Ka Bharta
- Put some oil to brinjal.
- Put a Brinjal on flame of fire to roast or in the oven.
- After the Brinjal turns black and brown.
- Switch off-gas.
- When it roasted then peel out its skin and mash it up.
- Heat up oil in the pan and add hing or asafetida then add cumin seeds.
- Then add finely chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped chilies. Then add chopped tomatoes. Stir till oil separates.
- Add turmeric, garam masala. Stir it.
- Add spring onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add mashed brinjal and salt and stir it.
- Cook this up for 5 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with chapatti or Bajri – Jawari Bhakri